Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Meet the Community | Introduce Yourself

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey devs 👋🏼welcome to the Marqeta Developer Community! This place was designed for you, our community of developers.

Our mission in this community is to create a vibrant hub where you can find answers, get the inspiration you're looking for, share what you know and learn about the latest tools by bringing together and connecting the world's most innovative Fintech developers who help each other thrive. 🤝

Let's start with introductions. Share below and we'll send the welcome swag bag! 🎁

Please introduce yourself to the community! You can start by sharing your favorite programming languages, talk about what brought you here, what you're learning, or just a fun fact about yourself. No rules, just make yourself at home!

OR, here is a random question to get you started: do you remember the first thing you ever coded? 

OR, what's some of the biggest misconceptions you've had about how payments work?

50 REPLIES 50

JeromeG
New Contributor

Bonjour community, my name is Jérôme and I am a technical person who enjoys fintech and financial empowerment.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

bienvenu! happy to have you 👋🏽

rscocozza
New Contributor

Hi Everyone - My name is Ron and I'm a Product Manager for a company specializing in Payments and Incentives. Interestingly enough, I don't know any programming languages outside of very basic HTML, SQL, and Python, however I work alongside a team of awesome developers and help lead the effort on new, innovative products that wouldn't be possible without Marqeta's Core and Diva APIs. I love how detailed yet easy to digest Marqeta's API documentation is, as it allows even a non-developer like myself to gain a good understanding on what code is needed and how it should be structured. I figured this community would be a great resource to have if questions arise during future projects. Cheers!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rscocozza, love to hear about your experience with Marqeta. We are all Fintech enthusiasts here, technical or not, so welcome! Happy to have you join us 👋🏽

Hi, Ron!

Thank you for letting us know that you find our API documentation easy to understand. Knowing that users appreciate what we write makes our work much more meaningful.  🙂

nzeke
New Contributor

Hi All, My name is Nate and I'm the cofounder and ceo of cartera (@paycartera). Interested in calling to Marqueta's APIs using nocode apps like bubble. I'm a big fan of the Marqeta Team and excited to be part of the developer community here. I've always been surprised at the number of various parties/platforms/vendors that can be involved in a single payment. Lot's to coordinate.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @nzeke! We are excited to have you be part of the community. 

gaurav-bothra
New Contributor

Hi All 🙋🏻,

I am Gaurav. I'm currently working with TallyMoney. We are planning to integrate marqeta with our system. I am new to marqeta. Currently I, am exploring core api documentation. I am stuck on JIT Gateway Simulation. I am trying to simulate balance inquiry api it is returning gpa balances which is not coming from our system.

Thanks!!!

Hi @gaurav-bothra, welcome to the community, happy to have you! 😀

We can definitely help with your JIT question - please share more details about your question in our forum here and I'll be able to find someone to answer it. 

chrissommers
New Contributor II

Hi, Everybody,

Chris here....just joined the Marqeta community, looking to integrate card issuance into our products. We are built on Salesforce as an OEM and AWS for our integration layer. 

We are super excited to work with Marqeta, to offer big bank and digital bank tech to smaller community banks who couldn't otherwise build the digital transformation themselves.

Thanks for welcoming me!

reneemq
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all!  I'm Renee Schafman and I am the new Marqeta community manager 💥  I look forward to connecting with you all and can promise that in a few weeks, I will be sharing some recent product release highlights.  

I am based in New York though my heart is in Texas, where I lived previously.  I think of myself as a Tex Yorker - I am equal parts breakfast tacos and cowboy boots to foldable pizza and leather jackets.   Look forward to learning more about everyone!  🌟