Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Meet the Community | Introduce Yourself

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey devs 👋🏼welcome to the Marqeta Developer Community! This place was designed for you, our community of developers.

Our mission in this community is to create a vibrant hub where you can find answers, get the inspiration you're looking for, share what you know and learn about the latest tools by bringing together and connecting the world's most innovative Fintech developers who help each other thrive. 🤝

Let's start with introductions. Share below and we'll send the welcome swag bag! 🎁

Please introduce yourself to the community! You can start by sharing your favorite programming languages, talk about what brought you here, what you're learning, or just a fun fact about yourself. No rules, just make yourself at home!

OR, here is a random question to get you started: do you remember the first thing you ever coded? 

OR, what's some of the biggest misconceptions you've had about how payments work?

50 REPLIES 50

albertot
New Contributor II

G'day all! I´ve just joined the community. I´ve enjoyed using the Marqeta API since Nov'2020, specially focussed around cards API. I´m glad to see there´s a community and happy to join and I am help to provide meaningful feedback to help to improve the existing APIs 😀

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @albertot! Happy to have you join, kudos to being the first one on this thread 👏🏽Is there any tips you can share around using the cards API for other devs to know?

Arvind
New Contributor III

Hi all 👋,
I am Arvind and I am a part of HashedIn. We are also using Marqeta for Cards API and exploring additional features like chargebacks, reports, etc. As for the random question, I like to play video games and google random stuffs.
Pleased to join the community and, would love to provide some significant insights to help this platform to develop.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Arvind! Yes, to video games!🎮Which video game is your go to right now? 

Arvind
New Contributor III

Hey @Ricardo,
I am currently playing Valorant on PC and Pubg on Mobile.
Do you play games too?

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice @Arvind! Yeah, I love Nintendo. Currently playing BOTW. Looking forward to BOTW 2! Are you usually a FPS player?

Arvind
New Contributor III

Yeah @Ricardo , I usually play FPS but I have also tried few other games like Genshin Impact, etc.

manu
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone!

I'm Manu and excited to join you all here! I first learned about Marqeta along with my team during the Spring 2020 Payments Hackathon where we got to create & develop unique software powered by the Core API. I have experience developing in the financial services industry with technologies such as Java and Spring. I'm most looking forward to seeing the community grow and develop collectively to help each other!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @manu! We are happy to have you. You forgot to mention, your team also won first place prize at our Spring Payments Hackathon! 👏🏽🏆

William
New Contributor

Hey everyone!

I'm William and looking forward to expanding my dev knowledge base with everyone! The first time I worked with the Core API was in a hackathon in the senior year of my undergrad. I was impressed with the developer documentation and code examples provided, as many vendors fail on this point. I would be most interested in the meta-data this service collects to analyze and take note of employee transactions/habits. 

William

Arvind
New Contributor III

Hey @William ,

I guess you can explore the DIVA APIs by Marqeta for this purpose.

ssyuen
New Contributor

Hey! My favorite programming languages are Python and Javascript. I'm here because I participated in a Marqeta hackathon and got interested in their APIs during the time. My favorite non-coding hobby is either badminton or reading!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @ssyuen! Any good books? I have about 3 half-finished books on my desk - definitely need to get better with finishing them before picking a new one up. 😂

thiyagu_by
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone 👋

I am a Backend Developer from India, Mostly works on Python and Java. We are using use Marqeta for our cards program, have worked on Cards, Transactions, Onboarding APIs.

It is nice to be part of this community. I have been using Marqeta for about a year.  It has been really smooth experience. Hope this community brings more fun in using Marqeta.

Welcome, @thiyagu_by! Happy to have you be part of the community. We definitely have some exciting things planned this year. 🙂

cchang
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

👋👋

Hi, I'm Celeste!

I'm a Marqeta Docs technical writer.

Our team writes documentation to help developers who use the Marqeta platform and APIs meet business goals. 

Glad to be here! Nice to meet you all!

Hmm, a favorite hobby ... I love visiting museums 😊

rberger
New Contributor

Hi there, I'm Rob Berger CoFounder/CTO/SVP of Engineering at Omnyway. We've been using Marqeta services for several years now for several different innovative payment mechanism for e-commerce / brick & mortar retailers. Our latest service is VISX, A Live Streaming Commerce platform for retailers.

We've done most of our work with Clojure / Clojurescript (mine and our teams' favorite language by far!)

My favorite non-coding hobby is coding. 🤓

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @rberger! The world definitely needs services like VISX these days - looks awesome. Would love to demo it. 

If you are interested, I can hook you up with someone from the product team for a demo.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would love that!

Bradburn
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi everybody, I'm Brad, and I manage the Docs team here at Marqeta. Along with the other writers, I'm here to meet the people who use our documentation to do their jobs, and to capture details to make our docs better. 

I like reading and biking and cooking, and I live with a rabbit and a cat who don't have much use for each other. 

ownyourdigital
New Contributor

Hello world im new to the community and I already feel welcomed. I remember Oregon Trail and old games on the computer and also coding on MySpace and Blackplanet to add pictures

Welcome @ownyourdigital! happy to have you. I definitely remember the MySpace days and coding the page to make it stand out 😎

Drew
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hello everyone! I'm Drew, and I'm another member of the Marqeta Docs team. I'm here to get to know the dev community better, and to improve our documentation by getting insight into real-world use cases for our APIs.

In my other life, I'm a musician. My primary instrument is guitar, but I stab wildly at a number of other instruments as well.

binh
New Contributor

Hello Everyone!

I'm Binh, I found my way here as part of my exploration of a new capability for an expense management app that I've been working on.  After talking to customers it's clear that being able to issue company cards would be a really helpful feature.

The first thing that I remember programming was a calculator in Turbo Pascal.  It allowed me to add up all of the items I wanted and then applied sales tax to the subtotal at the end.

I'm excited to dig into all that Marqeta is capable of.

binh
New Contributor

Forgot to say, my favorite programming languages are Ruby and Elixir.  I also really enjoy tinkering around with Ember as well.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @binh👋🏽

stacy_love
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hello, everyone!

My name is Stacy and I am excited to be part of this Forum as a moderator. I hope I can contribute and keep the conversation going!

In my spare time, I like to brew kombucha, play tennis, and ride horses. I even worked in a stable one summer growing up.

As for my first coding experience, it was a typical "Hello, World!" program on a Commodore 64 computer that looked exactly like the image below. We have come a long way since! LOL

tyrelh
New Contributor

Hello folks! 👋🏻

My name is Tyrel! I'm a software developer thats been interacting with the Marqeta API for a couple years now. We mainly use Groovy and TypeScript at our work but I enjoy using all kinds of languages in my spare time. I've recently been experimenting with game development, learning the Godot game engine and GDScript. Also I'm pretty interested in Kotlin, after using Groovy for many years at work.

I'm excited to poke around this new community and see how I can contribute!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @tyrelh! Great to have you join the community 👋🏽

ramayan
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

My name is Ramayan. I work as a software developer at Netflix in the client-side logging platform. Nice to meet you all, and excited to join the community.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @ramayan! We're excited you're here 🙌🏽

sbentley
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm Simon,  I originally worked with Marqeta's APIs back in 2018 on a card issuance  proof of concept.  My company is actively working with Marqeta to take a product to market using the APIs, so it makes sense for me to connect here, very interested in seeing how things have progressed in the last few years!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome (back) @sbentley! 👋🏽Would love to hear anything major that has stood out to you vs. the Marqeta in 2018?

itssadon
New Contributor

Hi Everyone 👋

I am a Backend Developer from, Mostly works on PHP, Node and GoLang. We are using use Marqeta for our Cards program.

It is nice to be part of this community and I hope this community brings more fun in using Marqeta.

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @itssadon! We're definitely going to bring some more fun 🙂 glad you are part of the community. 

Thanks @Ricardo looking forward to it.

bsbtb
New Contributor

Hi Everyone, I'm Tim. I have been working with Marqeta's platform for the last couple years as a full stack engineer with a focus on engineering solutions for prepaid card products at Bangor Savings Bank. This is a great idea and I am looking forward to contributing and learning from other Marqeta Developers! 

alvinlee
Guest Blogger

Hi everyone! My name is Alvin, and I am a software developer and technical writer, currently based in Phoenix, Arizona. Most of my development work is in Ruby on Rails or in Node.js. I haven't used Marqeta in any active projects (yet), but I've been an API lurker for about 18 months now. 😉

"Do you remember the first thing you ever coded?" When I was 10 (which was a long time ago), my math teacher gave us an assignment to "find the dollar-value" of a list of words. That is, A=$0.01 and B=$0.02, and so on until Z=$0.26.  He gave us a list of words as homework, to calculate. By hand. 🤕 I decided it might be more fun to write a DOS batch file where I could enter a word at the prompt, and it would calculate the dollar-value for me. Sure, it took longer to get my list of 20 words calculated. But I learned a lot more. 👨‍💻