March 28, 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Does Marqeta support level III (3) transaction data?

daveMac89
New Contributor

For my purposes I need access to level III or 3 data. 

For example, when an airline ticket is purchased, details about the flight are passed along.

Here is a good summary I found elsewhere:

Credit Card Processing Levels

Now that you understand what level 3 data is and the benefits of using it, you’re probably wondering about the requirements. It’s helpful to also consider the requirements for level 1 and 2 transactions to give you a better idea of the difference between the three.

Level 1

If you want to accept credit cards as payment at your B2B company, you must qualify for level 1 processing. As you might guess, level 1 processing doesn’t involve giving the credit card company a lot of details. All that’s needed is:

• Merchant name
  • Transaction amount
  • Transaction date

Level 2

If you do business with small or medium-sized businesses, level 2 processing is the way to go. It asks for slightly more information:

• Everything required in level 1
  • Customer code
  • Total tax amount

Level 3

Level 3 processing is best for companies that work with large corporations and government agencies. The list of level 3 credit card processing requirements is quite extensive:

• Everything required in levels 1 and 2
  • The ship-from postal code
  • The ship-to postal code
  • Order number
  • Invoice number
  • Freight amount
  • Product code
  • Description of item
  • Line item details of the purchase

Does Marqeta support this or something equivalent to this?

4 REPLIES 4

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @daveMac89 ! Thank you for your question. L2/L3 data is something that Marqeta is aware of and looks to provide in the future. So keep an eye out!

Thank you,

Jess

daveMac89
New Contributor

Thanks @jcook  for the reply. 

I noticed in the Transaction API's you have "metadata". 

If you aren't a L2/L3 issuer, does that still get populated?

For example:

data[].transaction_metadata.airline

Is this widely used by merchants? If so, I think the metadata fields would be a good replacement for my needs of L2/L3 data.

Hi @daveMac89 ,

Apologies for the delay. As I alluded to in the previous response, we are preparing for this data to be available. We'll release more information in the near future.

Thank you,

Jess

daveMac89
New Contributor

Hi @jcook,

After reading the API docs further it states the transaction metadata is available with v2 requests (if the merchant supports it). I noticed also the Transaction API versions go up to v3. Are all of those production versions? Thanks