cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Which countries does Marqeta Support?

volet-app
New Contributor II

Hi, I am looking for solutions for card issuing, virtual cards and more... But our company is based in Mozambique and South Africa, and we use different currencies. I am wondering if Marqeta would have such solutions available for these countries.

I tried checking on the platform but could not find it.

@ColeCallahan @Randy_Kern @Ricardo @Kevin_Doerr 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ColeCallahan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @volet-app , Community Manager here. Welcome to the Marqeta Dev Community. Glad to have you join us.

At this time, we do not support the countries you listed. Here is our Global Expansion Solution sheet as reference, which highlights the regions and countries where Marqeta is available, considering, in beta, and in the kickoff stages. It seems that you are interested in an area Marqeta is not currently available or considering, but I have sent this post to our team as we continue to build and plan for future global expansion. If you have any more questions, feel free to share them here in the community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ColeCallahan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @volet-app , Community Manager here. Welcome to the Marqeta Dev Community. Glad to have you join us.

At this time, we do not support the countries you listed. Here is our Global Expansion Solution sheet as reference, which highlights the regions and countries where Marqeta is available, considering, in beta, and in the kickoff stages. It seems that you are interested in an area Marqeta is not currently available or considering, but I have sent this post to our team as we continue to build and plan for future global expansion. If you have any more questions, feel free to share them here in the community.

Thanks @ColeCallahan, on a second thought, how possible it is to implement Marqeta Solutions in another country, and use on the mentioned countries.

For example, part of our developers are working remotely in Malaysia and Singapore, we have a Sdn Bhd and Pte there. We can implement, but use the services back in South Africa and Mozambique. Would that be possible?

newfintech
New Contributor

we are also looking to issue virtual cards in South Africa. @volet-app who might be an equivalent partner in Africa. We were thinking Paymentology but who else has a card issuing platform thats as modern as Marqeta's out here?

Indeed, there are a few options out there. But this part of the world is quite hard to have solutions that are feasible. You might also wanna check: Paystack, DPO Group or even Visa South Africa. They definitely have solutions for card and more. It all depends on the license you carry from South Africa Central Bank.