Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

transaction_options.additional_data

transaction_options.additional_data

pb-cons
New Contributor III

I'm simulating transactions for JIT Gateway funding scenarios. Looking over the Simulation API, I see that I can pass a transaction_options object, with an additional_data field (255 chars).

What are some examples of things that this field might correspond to in a production scenario? Would this data ever be made available to my gateway, or is it otherwise visible via the API, for instance as a part of a transaction object?

This is part of the /simulate/authorization transaction, but also:

• /simulate/authorization/advice
  • /simulate/financial
  • /simulate/financial/advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pb-cons , great question! For authorizations in a production scenario this would correspond to the fields "memo" and "tags". You would respond back to the authorization request with information you would like to capture about the transaction. For example you could capture the item purchased, or and order or department number. You would then be able to absorb that information via the webhooks for any reporting or reconciliation purposes.

As for authorization/advice and financial and financial/advice, those are typically messages that you would receive from a merchant and wouldn't need to be populated for testing purposes.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pb-cons , great question! For authorizations in a production scenario this would correspond to the fields "memo" and "tags". You would respond back to the authorization request with information you would like to capture about the transaction. For example you could capture the item purchased, or and order or department number. You would then be able to absorb that information via the webhooks for any reporting or reconciliation purposes.

As for authorization/advice and financial and financial/advice, those are typically messages that you would receive from a merchant and wouldn't need to be populated for testing purposes.

I hope this helps!

pb-cons
New Contributor III

OK, that's great, thanks @jcook that's just what I was looking for.

pb-cons
New Contributor III

@jcook I would expect that the availability of those fields would be limited by e.g. the POS system configuration? If so, can you give me any idea how often a "memo" field is populated? How often you see other data elements like item purchased, order, dept. number on the Marqeta network?

Thanks again.