March 28, 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Which countries can I transact in with a Marqeta issued card?

Which countries can I transact in with a Marqeta issued card?

Artur
New Contributor II

Hello all,

Which countries can I transact in with a Marqeta issued card? Are there any countries my cardholders would not be able to use their cards in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @Artur, the restricted countries primarily depend on the partner bank that you are working with. Each bank may have a slight variation on which countries they restrict. Having said that, the lists will usually be aligned with the OFAC sanctioned countries. Marqeta's own list includes the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, Panama, Papua New Guinea, South Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. You can also add any other countries that you would like to restrict.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @Artur, the restricted countries primarily depend on the partner bank that you are working with. Each bank may have a slight variation on which countries they restrict. Having said that, the lists will usually be aligned with the OFAC sanctioned countries. Marqeta's own list includes the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, Panama, Papua New Guinea, South Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. You can also add any other countries that you would like to restrict.

Artur
New Contributor II

Makes sense. Thank you @jcook