cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

Is metadata passed to merchant?

davew
New Contributor II

When I issue a card, I can include metadata (see here: https://www.marqeta.com/docs/core-api/cards#_body_field_details). What I'm unclear on is where that metadata goes, if anywhere. I'd like it to be passed to the merchant — is it? If not, is there another way to pass data to the merchant as part of the transaction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @davew, apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, the metadata isn't passed to the merchant within the transaction. Typically, if a company needs data to be passed along to the merchant, they would use the metadata they provide in the transaction or at the user level to create a remittance that can be faxed or emailed to the merchant along with the payment. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @davew, apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, the metadata isn't passed to the merchant within the transaction. Typically, if a company needs data to be passed along to the merchant, they would use the metadata they provide in the transaction or at the user level to create a remittance that can be faxed or emailed to the merchant along with the payment. I hope this helps!

davew
New Contributor II

This is helpful. Thank you @jcook