March 28, 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

How to handle Chargeback using Transaction Reference ?

Arvind
New Contributor III

Hi @all,

We are working on a POC on Chargeback feature. For creating a dispute we need to provide the authorization clearing token of the transaction for which customer want to create a dispute.

And as per my understanding, Clearing will be done by the Merchant in later period of time as compared to when transaction was made by the Customer (like, end-of-the-day for them).

• So, is there any API to fetch the Clearing Transaction token (API: /simulate/clearing), using the Authorization Transaction's token ('original_transaction_token') (API: /simulate/authorization) ?
  • If not, do we need to maintain this association ?
  • What will happen in case of partial clearing's ? Do we need to create separate disputes for them ?

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind Singh Rawat

4 REPLIES 4

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

👋🏽 @Arvind - let me know if this helps:

• So, is there any API to fetch the Clearing Transaction token (API: /simulate/clearing), using the Authorization Transaction’s token (‘original_transaction_token’) (API: /simulate/authorization) ?
    • In the sandbox environment, Marqeta would need to provide access to an advanced simulator for disputing simulated transactions. In production, we would expect you to store the jit_funding.token & the transaction token for the original authorization (sample here). Once the clearing transaction takes place, we would expect the you to reference the original authorization using the original_jit_funding_token identifier and/or the preceding_related_transaction_token.
  • If not, do we need to maintain this association ?
    • Yes, we would expect you to maintain the association using the identifiers described above. These can be maintained via webhooks or you may query related transactions using our /transactions endpoint.
  • What will happen in case of partial clearing’s ? Do we need to create separate disputes for them ?
    • Good question - I have to get back to you - I am checking to see if someone can help provide a definite answer...but my assumption is you can't dispute a transaction unless it's been completed (for obvious reasons) so we would expect that you could only dispute the amount of the original transaction that has cleared (meaning, at any point in time, you may only dispute the amount that's been cleared whether partial or fully). Is that helpful? I'm still working to see if anyone might be able to confirm this or know the answer and will get back to you with more. 

Arvind
New Contributor III

Hi @Ricardo ,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, its is helpful and for the third point. I got that partial clearing's need to have separate Disputes to be raised but the only problem with this is that End-user or Customer doesn't have the idea of separate Clearing flow and partial transaction's clearing. So my question was, how it is idealised to be raised by the customer ?

Hi @Ricardo,

thank you for your help. This sample https://www.marqeta.com/docs/developer-guides/configuring-gateway-jit-funding#_step_9_review_the_  worked for me! 👍. I saw the same pergola on www.deinepergola.de !

Great smaple!

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome to hear!