March 28, 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

what does the always_fund argument control?

what does the always_fund argument control?

pb-cons
New Contributor III

Looking over the Card Product configuration API request for JIT Gateway funding, I see this object at: 

request object/config/jit_funding/programgateway_funding_source

{

enabled

funding_source_token

refunds_destination

always_fund

}

I can't find that always_fund property documented anywhere.  What does it control? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pb-cons this controls whether or not JIT will fund the card if there is an existing balance. If this is set to "true" then it will be JIT funded regardless of their being existing funds. If it's "false" and there is an existing balance, then there will be a "soft lock" at the secondary authorization. We almost always have this field set to "true".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pb-cons this controls whether or not JIT will fund the card if there is an existing balance. If this is set to "true" then it will be JIT funded regardless of their being existing funds. If it's "false" and there is an existing balance, then there will be a "soft lock" at the secondary authorization. We almost always have this field set to "true".

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Yes, that's correct. Set to "true" it assumes a zero balance and will fund regardless of existing funds. As for the secondary authorization assuming that there are initially fundings in the funding source, an approval could go through for up to the amount that is left but any other approvals that need to be made after that, would decline. Hope this helps!

Jess

pb-cons
New Contributor III

OK, let me see if I understand: if "true" then even if the GPA has some funds, the Marqeta platform will still pull all of the amount from the Program Funding Source into the GPA, i.e. on top of the funds that were already there and which might be able to satisfy the authorization?

Also can you elaborate on what "secondary authorization" means?

Thanks.

pb-cons
New Contributor III

Thanks @jcook super-informative and helpful.