cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

KYC sandbox endpoint works in some dev environments but not others

pepper_egg_tech
New Contributor II

When I run KYC against an active user that has all the required KYC information, the platform returns this error

{
  "error_message": "KYC Provider not setup",
  "error_code": "400155"
}

Here is a video example using the Core API explorer:

https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/techchicago6400-gmail/attachments/18335225/TinyTake14-11... 

I realize the KYC Verification API docs state 

be aware that this endpoint does not work in your sandbox environment, only in production.

so that might explain it... but a colleague is able to use the same inputs in their environment to get an expected response, like this:

pepper_egg_tech_0-1636954856482.png

They can then make the KYC check pass by setting manual_override to true. 

Ideally, I'd like to be able to test KYC in my sandbox environment in a similar way to my colleague. Is this possible? Is there a bug with my sandbox? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pepper_egg_tech I spoke to our teams and the KYC functionality has not been operationalized for the public sandbox which is likely why you are running into these responses. We do not intend on making this a functionality of the public sandbox so when testing, operate under the assumption that it is not supported. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pepper_egg_tech ! There are some tests you can perform in sandbox in regards to KYC, specifically around different types of error messages.  However, it is something that needs to be configured. Are you using our public sandbox or do you have a private sandbox with us?

Thanks!
Jess

pepper_egg_tech
New Contributor II

Hi @jcook !

I signed up for a developer account and use https://sandbox-api.marqeta.com/v3/ as per the URL on my dashboard. My colleague is using the same. 

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pepper_egg_tech , technically the KYC features should not work in our public sandbox. Let me do a little more digging into this and let me know if you notice any differences in what you request versus what you request. Thank you.

jcook
Marqeta Staff
Marqeta Staff

Hi @pepper_egg_tech I spoke to our teams and the KYC functionality has not been operationalized for the public sandbox which is likely why you are running into these responses. We do not intend on making this a functionality of the public sandbox so when testing, operate under the assumption that it is not supported. I hope this helps!

Thanks @jcook not what I wanted to hear, but exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate the quick turnaround on a response. Really good community support!