Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help

I'm Randy Kern, Ask Me Anything! Live AMA 8/19 @ 11am PST

I'm Randy Kern, Ask Me Anything! Live AMA 8/19 @ 11am PST

Randy_Kern
Chief Technology Officer, Marqeta

I’m Randy Kern, Chief Technology Officer at Marqeta and I’m excited to help kick off the community launch with an AMA!

On Thursday, August 19th, I'll be hosting real-time AMA to answer your questions. Start submitting questions now, below. Here's how it works:

Add your questions below any time before or during the AMA. Be sure to take a look at other community member’s questions and up-vote those that you find interesting.

At 11am PT on Thursday you can expect to see a link to join the Zoom webinar where I'll start answering. 

1. If you don't have a Marqeta Developer Community account, yet, register for an account
  2. To join the live Zoom session either Post a Question below or Subscribe to this thread before August 19th at 9AM PT and you'll be notified of the zoom details
  3. Once the event has started, open this thread and if you haven't yet post your questions. Watch the page or join the webinar and be ready to add follow-up questions and discuss further with other Community members.
  4. Once the event is over, the thread will be locked, which means that no new questions can be posted. However, anyone will still be able to see the questions and answers from the event.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Randy

11 REPLIES 11

davew
New Contributor II

Congratulations on your new position! My question - it would be nice to simulate all type of card transactions...does Marqeta plan on building out these types of simulations for testing/prototyping? 

Artur
New Contributor II

Hi Randy! Thanks for doing this.

Can you talk about your experiences with impostor syndrome in any of your positions, and ways you were able to work past/around those feelings? I’m in my first job after university and the feeling is strong!

Kbandar
New Contributor II

Coming from Salesforce and Microsoft, how do you see the challenge of building huge infrastructure like that, overlapping with the challenges in payments? Looking forward to the session!

vbontu
Marqetan

Where do you see the biggest opportunities and challenges in expanding the Marqeta platform globally?

twalson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for hosting this AMA, Randy. What do you see as Marqeta's greatest strength as a platform? And how does this compare to competitors?

Ricardo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, we'll be kicking off at 11am PT! Join the live session by visiting this link here. Randy will be answering questions posted on here first, so please add them to get your question answered. See you all soon. 👋🏽

ramayan
New Contributor II

We all see this consolidation of computing infrastructure around 2-3 cloud providers. Do you see any downsides or risks of this approach in the long term?

ramayan
New Contributor II

As a CTO, what is the mental model or framework you have around building new solutions versus leveraging an existing solution

Artur
New Contributor II

Thanks for answering my question on impostor syndrome, happy to hear I'm not alone! I’m curious to know what you would recommend to a young engineer at the beginning of her/his career who are aiming for leadership roles somedays. Any wise words from an industry expert are appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

ramayan
New Contributor II

As a senior leader in a new company, how do you go about building all the context, understanding what is working and what is not working, and building trust with others?

jay
New Contributor II

What are some common security issues you’ve seen in startup codebases in the past? What steps did you take to mitigate them?